Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Como/Bologna

I got the opportunity to go to Lake Como as well as Bologna here in Italy so far outside of Milan...

 I'll start with Como. Como is a very beautiful lake in northern Italy... close to the border of Italy and Switzerland. I went with 2 of my friends and we took a 1 hour train from Milan. Como is known for having many celebrities having houses along the shores of the lake.

Here is a funny map I found of what I mean...










Very beautiful!


Bologna:

I was invited to go to Bolgona for the weekend with a good friend of mine. Their friend was having a graduation party and invited us to come. 



The shorter tower leans to the side, the foundation started to let go due to its age and it leans to the left. Kind of scary!
The Asinelli and Garisenda Towers, constructed in 1109!!



Bologna is known for the making of the Tortellini pasta.... so naturally I had to try it, and it was amazing! The food in Italy is incomparable to any other country... everything is so good! 

This is what cheap bagged tortellini looks like...
We went to a local market and got 5 different kinds of fresh tortellini... so good!

I am so happy to be able to travel around the world and see new cultures and experience the world. More to come so stay tuned ;)

-Mitchell

















1 comment:

  1. I miss Italy!!! I wish you could send me a plate of hot pasta lol it is the BEST there, nothing like it here.
    I miss you Mitchy :)

    ReplyDelete